Where do I even begin? There's been so much going on around here since the school year started! Here are a few pictures to catch you up:
I got to babysit a couple days the two children of some church friends.
Here's their son talking to Q.
Q got to eat frog legs for the first time. Thanks, Diane!!
(I've never had them, but I hear they taste like chicken.)
Baby Bear got to take a sweet walk with Papa Bear.
Aren't they the cutest boys you've ever seen?
Q learned how to fold laundry. And by "fold" I mean eat.
Q got a "new" toy (in the background) and he turned 8 months!! He's holding his 8mo sign :)
(And...he's turning 9 mo here pretty soon. Holy Cow!)
Thanks to the new toy, he's learning how to pull himself up onto his knees. He's quite desperate to stand on his own. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that juuuust yet! Lately he's been a roly poly in more ways than one. My little squishy pudge loves to get a move on. In the last couple weeks he's been on the verge of crawling! I know he wants to be mobile...but don't I get a say in it??
Granddad taught Q how to spit. Of course, this lesson can only be taught on the tailgate of a pickup...and barefoot. Not long after that his first tooth starting coming in (Q's, not Granddad's). Coincidence??
And Q got some luvin' from Granny D. I think he likes her best :)
So as you can see it's been a busy time. I have a mild fascination with people who are able to keep their houses spic and span. I was always interested in how they could do that before I had Q. Now, I'm even more intrigued!! I am most definitely treading water when it comes to housekeeping...which is a fitting analogy because I can't tread water. I have decided that when I look back on my life, housekeeping will be the last thing on my list I wish I was better at!
I've enjoyed rockin' along these last few months. I can't believe fall is here!! We still have a few stragglers in our garden. I've picked some ginormous carrots (yup, got real busy and forgot they were out there!) and some kohlrabi. I'm hoping today to make some juice out of them. Store bought carrot juice ain't got nothin' on mine!
Somebody's up from their nap...guess I'm off to play!
0 comments:
Post a Comment