Wednesday, January 19, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things!

Yup, I'm still kickin'...is it bad that I have to start my blog saying that?  It's been too long!  Don't worry, my love, I haven't forgotten about you :)


Quinn celebrated his first birthday shortly after ringing in (or should I say sleeping through) the New Year. Here are a few of my favorites from the day. (Momma worked REAL hard to get the party together.  I kinda feel real bad for the next kid.  Will I have the energy?!?)  Of course I HAD to have an owl theme.  After the party and cleanup, Bobby asked if we were done with the owl thing yet.  Ha! Heck no!  I'm just getting started :)


Whoooo's One?
craft for the kids
Jillie showing off her owl
yummy owl cupcakes
(Thanks Jill for letting me borrow your dishes!
And thanks Noni Lisa for letting me borrow your Cricut!!)
 
birthday boy hanging w/Uncle Brian 
Yaaaaay! Cake!
(I'm surrounded by such beautiful boys!)
It ain't easy looking this good
 The party was a mad-house...but it's so nice to be able to get everyone together!


Can you see what I haven't blogged?  No really, I'm just using that as an excuse.  I've been up to a few other things lately as well.  One of them is focusing on food!  Not just food, but our food practices and the relationship with the environment and more.  I watched Food Inc back in October and have slowly been making the change to vegetarian these last few months.  In just the last couple weeks, I've read The Kind Diet and am finishing up Skinny B*&ch. After reading both of these, I'm testing the vegan waters. I know, I can hear the groans from some of you.  We're all entitled to our opinions and we're all entitled to our own version of doing what's best for ourselves and others :)  I've never felt better in my life and it's nice to know that doing what I feel is right for myself helps out those of you that are groaning right now.


Bobby asked the other night if I was going to drink milk or eat cheese (my favorite) ever again. I told him I needed a transition time to make sure this is what I really wanted. He thought that was kinda funny...either you know or you don't :) It's hard for me to do this knowing he's a hunter!! But every time I think about eating a meat product, I can't help but think about everything I've read (just exactly what happens to animals before during and after the "chopping block" and how meat and dairy really aren't very good for you anyway). On the way positive side, I've been eating sooo sooo much better lately and have even lost the last 5 pregnancy pounds (nevermind I'm more flabby than I've ever been). 

I've never been a huge meat eater so "giving up" meat really has been very smooth for me. I've enjoyed the task of trying out new foods and new flavors all while keeping it in our tight budget. I never thought I'd enjoy cooking, but it really hasn't been that bad.  My meat-eater hubby has actually enjoyed most of my dishes.  (And no, it's not the newlywed "Yes, dear this dish is lovely" kind of enjoyment.  He actually likes it...like Mikey.)

So that kinda sums up my new obsession lately :) I've been doodling some cute little pictures I'm going to use as appliques for onesies.  Teaching my friend April how to sew has lit a new fire in me. I've opened an Etsy account a couple months ago and now I need to get busy!!  I'll keep you posted on how it goes, but my Etsy account name is LittleOwlPeep.


Lastly, I've started doing the newsletter for the yoga studio I teach at.  It's been a nice and quick creative outlet for me and I get to share some of my favorite vegetarian recipes.  


In the parting words of one of my most favorite people I'd love to meet, Ellen DeGeneres, "Be kind to one another."




0 comments:

Post a Comment